Fire Service Instructors of Oklahoma (FSIO) is an organization comprised of instructors and those interested in becoming instructors whose primary focus for education is our emergency responders in the state of Oklahoma. Most are either active or retired firefighters, some work for Fire Service Training in a part-time or full-time capacity, some work for the technology centers across the state, and many more work at their home departments across the state.
We endeavor to provide professional development and networking opportunities for instructors across the state and beyond. We hope that if you are an instructor or are considering becoming one that you will join us.
Finding, Promoting and Mentoring Fire Instructors for the Oklahoma Fire Service through professional development.Purposes of FSIO:
- To provide effective & continuous leadership, education, and training of the Fire Service for the protection of life and property against fire and related man-made or natural disasters.
- To unite for professional benefit those members of the Fire Service who share a sincere interest in Fire Service Education as a means of protecting life and property.
- To provide an atmosphere for information and recourse exchange between individuals and between organizations involved in Fire Service Education as a means of protecting life and property.
- To promote cooperation among private enterprises, non profit organizations, associations, and government agencies with an interest in Fire Service Education at state and local levels.
- To disseminate state-of-the –art materials concerning Fire Service Education to the membership.
- To establish and maintain libraries of training materials and to encourage their establishment by others.
- To encourage research & special studies and to develop training and education programs & procedures, and to analyze problems arising and their application.
- To promote the importance of the role of the Fire Service Instructors in the total Fire Service Organization.
Membership in the Fire Service Instructors of Oklahoma shall be open to any person with the responsibility for Fire Service Education & Training in an organization or community or to any person with a sincere interest in Fire Service. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Fire Service Instructors of Oklahoma Print and fill out the Membership Application and mail it along with $20.00 to the address below.
Fire Service Instructors of Oklahoma
PO Box 453
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74076